Bury Bach Choir relies entirely on the generosity of our valued members, supporters, Friends and Patrons. We are committed to protecting your personal information, and being open and honest about how we collect, store and use the information we receive.
This policy explains how we collect and use your information. We may be required to update this policy at any time without notice to you. If you have any queries about this policy please contact the Mailing List Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may obtain personal information from you when you ask to join our mailing list, make a donation, join as a member or otherwise provide us with personal information. All information collected is processed in accordance with legal requirements.
The information we collect depends upon your reason for contacting us, but may include your full name, email address, postal address and telephone number. If you are setting up a standing order we will also hold your bank details. If you are a member of the choir we will also hold information on your voice part, voice checks, year joined, occupation, and subscription category.
When you join our mailing list we ask your preferred method of communication, e.g. post or email. You can change your mind at any time by replying ‘unsubscribe’ to our emails, or by contacting us on email@example.com or the return address on the mailing envelope.
We collect the information you provide to:
• respond to your requests – such as donations, Gift Aid, membership, becoming a Patron or Friend.
• keep you up-to-date on the Choir’s concerts and/or news.
• enable third parties to carry out functions on our behalf (such as our annual postal mailing).
• conduct research on the interests and suggestions of our supporters so that the Choir can identify areas for improving our concert programme.
There are some circumstances where we may need to. For instance:
• if we are legally required to do so, e.g. court order, law enforcement agency pursuing an investigation.
• when we work with your bank to process standing orders etc.; these partners will only have access to your information when the necessary contractual arrangements have been agreed and signed.
• information has to be sent to HMRC as part of the declaration process for Gift Aid so that we can reclaim the Gift Aid on your donation(s).
We take the security of your information very seriously and have put appropriate measures in place to minimise the risk to your information from loss, theft or misuse. These include:
• restricted access control, including use of complex passwords, to your information stored on our systems.
• taking measures to ensure the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you have given consent.
• contractual agreements between working partners that require compliance with all applicable legislation.
(Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn etc)
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Anyone wishing to make a Subject Access Request should apply to the Mailing List Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all requests within 40 days of receipt of a Subject Access Request.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us.
If at any time you’d like us to change the way we contact you, or if you would like to opt out of our communications altogether please email the Mailing List Manager on email@example.com.
Possible concert dates and venues
Saturday 6 November 2021
The Apex, Charter Square
Saturday 18 December 2021
The Church of St Peter and St Paul, Lavenham
Shop Amazon at smile.amazon.co.uk and help the choir. It costs you nothing!
The Choir’s purpose is “to prepare and give public performances primarily of the core choral repertoire, using professional soloists and instrumentalists, to the highest possible standard”.